Thursday, December 9, 2010

30 Before 30: Items 14 & 17

I am happy to report that I have completed the entire Godfather Trilogy! I've decided that Godfather I counts as my fifth movie for Item 14: Watch 5 "Classic" Movies and of course completing the trilogy allows me to cross Item 17: Watch the Entire Godfather Trilogy, Beginning to End off my list!

WOW! What amazing movies! As I've said so many times, I can't believe I didn't do this sooner! I can say pretty assuredly that the first one was my favorite (the spouse likes the second one the best).

Overall, I was very surprised at how dark they were....I know that sounds silly since they are mob movies...but hear me out. I watched the Sopranos religiously, Goodfellas is one of my favorite movies ever, and I'm super into Boardwalk right now (well, until the season just ended). So, I went in to watching these movies thinking I'm probably pretty desensitized to all the violence, crime and whatnot.

Was I wrong! All those other shows and movies did NOT prepare me for a horse head (and that's all I'll say about that so as not to ruin it for the rest of you). So as not to give away any details of the movies, I'll just let you know what I thought. The first one was really, really dark, the second one was painfully sad and in the third, I was so overtaken by emotion, I literally finished the movie with tears streaming down my face. So, so, so good.

This trilogy is truly an amazing group of films with outstanding actors in every one. I was moved by all three movies in a surprising way and absolutely enjoyed all three from beginning to end. I recommend them to EVERYONE....you all should see and know these classics!

No comments:

Post a Comment