Wednesday, December 8, 2010

30 Before 30: Item 14, Part 4

WOW! I loved An American in Paris! It was completely my kind of movie...singing, dancing, romance, humor...perfect! Only one more movie to go (and one day!!) and I can cross Item 14: Watch 5 "Classic" Movies off my list.


An American in Paris is the story of American painter, Jerry Mulligan (the dreamy Gene Kelly), who lives in Paris and falls hopelessly in love with Lisa (Leslie Caron), a young French woman. Unfortunately for Jerry, he's already involved with an American gallery owner who becomes quite "stuck" on him and, to add to the drama, Lisa is engaged to a cabaret singer, Henri.

The movie flows through their complicated love story capturing the viewer with timeless song and dance until Jerry is left standing on a balcony while Lisa runs off to marry Henri, wondering if he'll ever see his love again. And...I'll guess you'll just have to watch it to find out if he does :)

Overall, I thought this was a great movie, and I'm not the alone! Not only is this film high on most "Classics" lists, but it also nabbed seven Oscars.

No comments:

Post a Comment