Tuesday, December 7, 2010

30 Before 30: Item 8

I think it's fairly obvious that I have an interest in writing. And I'm sure it's also fairly obvious that I need to improve my writing skills. As mentioned here, I've always wanted to write a children's book. I've also had tons of ideas for other types of books, articles, etc and have been dragging my feet on getting started in the world of writing. In fact, that's part of the reason I started a blog...practice, practice, practice :)

In reading other blogs, lots of books and different styles of articles, one thing has become clear to me. I need help! I really need a course (or eight) to help me learn how to become a better writer in all areas from creative thinking to technical writing to blogging best practices. And so, I've added Item 8: Take a Writing Class/Workshop to my list.

I registered for a class earlier in November that unfortunately had been cancelled. However, I'm glad to report that the class is rescheduled for early 2011. Although I won't be able to complete the course prior to turning 30 (in..ahem...2 days), I am all signed up and feel comfortable crossing Item 8 off my list.

Side note, I found the class through the Northern Colorado Writers Association on a suggestion from my published author friend, Tina Forkner. A big thanks to Tina as I've found their website and opportunities to be very interesting and informative! I'm looking forward to becoming further involved with the association in the future and recommend them to any aspiring writers in the NoCo area.

No comments:

Post a Comment