Monday, September 20, 2010

30 Before 30 Status & Life Update

Wow! A whole month has gone by since my last post and it has flown! Fall is officially here tomorrow, Sept 21st, and today is the last day of this amazingly fun summer. Single tear.

In efforts to provide an excuse for my absence online (well, my absence on blogging, I've been a little over-zealous on FB lately), I offer you a quick run down of my end of summer fun.

In August, my little sister, Kate, and her squeeze, Clay, came out from NJ to visit us for an amazing weekend of mountains, brewery tours, a Rockies game, a friend-filled pizza party and lots of laughs! Around the same time, I was lucky enough to participate in a very inspiring photo shoot for my friend Jesse's 30 Before 30 List (which she has blogged about here) and I plan to recap from my point of view later this week.

We also got in a camping trip to one of our favorite spots near Estes Park (pic below) and participated in another BBQ Competition!! Over Labor Day weekend, The Kilted Pig placed 3rd in "Anything Goes" for the Fatty and 10th in Ribs!!!


The end of summer took me on whirlwind, weekend vacation to the east coast to see family and celebrate my cousin's soon-to-arrive baby girl! That weekend, too, will be blogged about later this week (a peek at a special exhibit from that weekend is below).


AND among all this fun, I've slowly been working on achieving my 30 Before 30 Items 'cause December will be here before we know it!

So, the Status Update:

Item 1, Run a Marathon, has officially been rescheduled to October 3rd due to the fires in Boulder, CO (which have now been contained). I'm still feeling pretty good, have gotten in a couple long runs and can't wait for it to get here and cross it off the list!

I've secured an illustrator for my children's book (Item 13), thank you cousin Rich! My goal for this book is to have the story complete and sent off to him for illustrations by my birthday (hey the goal was to write it before 30...not publish it......yet).

A big change that I've decided to make on this list is to Item 23 (Host a Gourmet Dinner Party and Cook John's Favorite Meal). After a lot of thought about this, the true motivation behind this goal was to learn to cook. As I considered what I would learn by hosting a dinner (a gourmet meal I'll likely never make again and for a large group), I determined I'd get a lot more out of learning to cook a few simple, healthy meals for two. By doing this, I'll be able to alleviate some of the domestic burden from the culinary-wizard that is my spouse and incorporate healthier habits into our lives.

So, I am replacing Item 23 with Learn to Cook 5 Meals (and will still learn John' Fav..Item 12) as I feel this is a much better goal that will provide longer-lasting results. Give a man a fish...teach a man to fish...you know what I'm getting at.

I'm still slowly turning the pages of the Bible (Item 19), that's gonna take awhile. I've attended two Jr. League meetings and plan to officially sign up at the next one (Item 3). You'll be seeing a book report on the first of my Classic Novels series (Item 4), as well as posts for Planting a Tree (Item 5) and Try Kickboxing (Item 30) by the beginning of next week!

And LAST, thanks to a last-minute trip to Palm Springs comin' up in early November, I've recently become very motivated to achieve a "flat" stomach (Item 26). I've started designing a work-out strategy and plan to take my "before" pic tomorrow.....but you don't get to see it until I have a pretty darn good "after" pic to go with it! :)

Other blog changes: be ready for a lot more posts!! I'm hoping to start posting several times a week and hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment