Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Fitness: Running Program

Well, the New Year is here! Happy 2010! 

One of my major goals for this year (and before I turn 30) is to run a marathon. I know, I know...most people have cars so they don't have to run 26.2 miles. But for years its a been an elusive item on my list of crazy things to accomplish and I've determined that this is the year to do it.

The selected race is the Colfax Marathon on May 16th.......but its now time to start training. Without a trainer or professional coach to guide me from my typical 3 mile runs to 20+, I'm turning to my favorite running magazine, Runner's World, and thier race training guide, SmartCoach.

This training program is free to all, just sign up for a RW account and you can access this and tons of other great training resources. You can use the SmartCoach to train for any race from a 5k to Marathon, set time goals, choose your workout days and determine the level of difficulty you wish to take on.

So if you've ever hoped to complete foot race of any length, then get online, find a local race and download your SmartCoach!! You can do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment