Monday, September 21, 2009

Back Home....

Landing at the airport is so much more exciting when you see familiar faces awaiting your arrival with grins and hugs.....and champagne! After a long flight from Denver to the east coast, I was greeted by my mom and sister and A LOT of giggles for a quick weekend trip to NJ.

My whirlwind weekend included several fabulous restaurants: Mangiamo's in Toms River, Meg's Grill in Lavalette and Taka in Asbury...to name a few. I took a trip to the beach for seashell collecting with my mom and sister (see pic of Mom above), went to visit the Stone Pony in Asbury Park (where Bruce Springsteen got his start) and of course had lots of fun with cousins, aunts, and grandma.

While in Asbury Park, we stumbled upon an exciting and unique event, Yappy Hour at the Wonderbar!! Every Thursday and Saturday evening, the Wonderbar is open to man's best friend for a dog-friendly social event where the canines run leash-free! The pups enjoy some extra attention and adorn their newest doggie-garb while their owners sip cocktails and boast about Fido's latest accomplishments. It was truly one of the most fun activities I've ever enjoyed!

I left the trip exhausted, but couldn't be happier to have been with my family and on the east coast. On the flight back to Colorado, I thought about my life and family. Being with my mom and sister and seeing the ocean in Seaside always results in post-vacation personal reflection.

I am thankful for my family and cherish them deeply. I love the places I travel and the city I call home. I couldn't ask for a better husband, more fabulous friends or a more lovable dog and I thank God for giving them to me every day. I know this life is stressful and crazy, but reflecting on the wonderful, interesting people and beautiful places this world so unselfishly offers can calm my soul and ease unrest. It makes me happy to be alive and eager to enjoy what will come....which hopefully includes more Yappy Hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment